I'm kind of at a loss on what to write...hmmm...
I realize it's been a little while but I'm having a hard time of thinking of something that might interest others. This week in general has been very tough. I've had sick kids, I haven't been 100%, bad attitudes in my kids have made school very close to being torturous...well that may be a bit of an exaggeration but you get my drift
This morning was a very good, yet draining time with Beth Moore. She was speaking on fear, which hits way too close to home, and her message was very convicting and my emotions were stirred but I don't really know how to explain it. There is a lot for me to go through, to listen to again and to apply it to my life.
I was then very tired, so I laid down for a nap. Not 5 minutes into it, Jeff comes walking in with our neighbor and her daughter. She was calling the police for domestic violence. Nothing too severe, but abuse is abuse. Three officers showed up at our house, prior to us straightening it up for some visitors. I know the clothes on the floor, the unvacuumed carpet, the clutter is really nothing to the reason they were there, but you can't help but think, "Man, I sure wish we would have cleaned this morning like we usually do." Oh well...I guess our neighbor knows we're messy now!
No arrests were made, at this point there are no apparent marks and of course the "husband" had a different story. He ended up leaving and going to a friends house. Jeff and my eyes were open to the reason behind their daughters behavior. I believe it softened both of our hearts towards her, and there was some guilt thrown in there for us not being a little more understanding/compassionate with their little kindergartner who has a mouth of someone much older. I hate to think on what she has witnessed and heard. Jeff told me that she has said in the past that she wished she could live here, and I guess she's said it on several occasions.
The mom came back to pick up her daughter, who stayed with us while the police were there talking to her parents. She was upset at the police because she felt like they blamed her. I think it's because there was a history of abuse and she is still with him, and she was saying she didn't want him arrested. I can see the frustration of the police.
Now Jeff is out with the other church leaders so the kids and I are having an evening together. I guess that's it for now.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
I have the PERFECT solution of what you could write about.
You could come visit me in Arkansas for a week and then you'll have all kinds of fun things to write about on your blog!
I'm just sayin'.
In all sersiousness, even on your slow days-I still love reading what you write. So keep blogging even if it feels like you don't have anything to blog about!!
God has put us here for a reason. I Love you Julie. - Jeff
Post a Comment