After shopping I thought it would be nice to take some time and sit and share a drink. Now I haven't had a pop since Jan. 2, and I'm really trying to keep my kids off of it too. So I thought we would get an Icee! Does a Coca Cola Icee count as a pop??? I decided it didn't so that's what we got! ;o) Like I said earlier, we, the kids and I, shared this Icee. We had two straws and we kept passing it around where two of us could take turns slurping this special treat. Three-fourths of the way into the drink I sat Kaylie on my lap and THAT is when I felt her forehead.
Around 11:00pm, I went in and checked on Kaylie. She was feeling cool, so the Tylenol was doing it's job. Well Landon, then started fussing because the hall light was shining in his eyes and they were "hurting". So I went in to soothe him and ,yep, he was hot. He then ended up coming into our bedroom because his tummy was hurting. I had him crawl up in bed by me, I took out the thermometer that I had placed on my headboard because I was sure Kaylie would be in during the night and I wanted to have it handy. I took his temp and it was 100.?, and I grabbed our "throw up can". We got maybe an hours worth of sleep and then we were up in the bathroom, doing 'you know what'.
That then leads me to here. I couldn't go back to sleep. I'm not feeling to well. Is it the power of suggestion? or am I sick? I guess only time will tell. I decided to get up and share rather then to toss and turn in bed.
I hate to have my kids sick, but they can be so darn sweet when they are! They love to sit by me and cuddle with me. They can be so agreeable, things can almost seem easier for a time! Here's a picture of Kaylie when she fell asleep sitting by me. One minute she was looking at pictures with me on the computer and the next she had laid her head down and she was out.
Some of the "sweetness" that comes when children aren't feeling good.
DISCLAIMER: If this doesn't make sense, please note the time!
2 comments:
Bless your heart! Why is it that kids always seem to puke in the middle of the night or at least right before bedtime? How come they can't get sick after we've all had a good night's sleep?
Hope you didn't get it and I hope that today brought healing and rest for the kiddos.
*huggs!**
I relived the beauty you speak of yesterday. I skipped church to care for 1 1/2-year old Gemma (mommy and daddy were leading worship) who has an ear infection and was running a fever. The cuddling was delicious and it took me back to when my own babies were young and sometimes sick and very cuddly.
Post a Comment