Sunday, August 16, 2009

I'm Back!

Wow! Has this summer been a different one. As you know, my parents' 10 day trip turned into a 6 1/2 week trip. Their summer was different then planned and so was ours. Because of these "change in plans" my blogging was put on hold. I got dad back home a couple of weeks ago and I was home for a week going every single day and then we went on vacation last week.

We had a very peaceful, beautiful week in a cabin in the mountains. The whole family basically took a "technology" fast. No cell phones (we had no coverage so that helped), no TV, no computer except to download pictures and find out directions to the different Passes we went to. We really tried to make it a point not to go, go, go this trip and come back tireder then when we left...which happens too many times on vacations. I did have the idea of me getting caught up on my blog while we were up there, but most of my free time I didn't have the desire to get on the computer and do it. So that leaves me here now, getting ready to blog about my family's summer.

Even though a lot of our summer was wrapped around hospital visits, dr. appointments, trips to the VA Hospital for lab, home visits from the nurse, physical therapist, and oxygen providers, we were able to slip in some fun stuff too. My goal is to get one or two things blogged about a day until I'm all caught up....that's if there are no more "change of plans" again!

No comments: