Thursday, August 20, 2009

15 Years Of Love

I interrupt this 'summer catch-up' to bring you this....

Today is the day that Jeff and I celebrate 15 years of marriage.

Here are 15 things I love about Jeff, in no particular order~

1. He loves Christ and is not afraid to show it.
2. He loves me and is not afraid to show it. :o)
3. He is a hands-on daddy.
4. He continues to strive to be the best he can be and to make changes when need be.
5. He has helped me to not be so introverted.
6. We can go into any setting and he can make things more comfortable because he can talk to ANYONE!
7. He's a jack-of-all-trades...car mechanic, plumber, carpenter, lawn care, etc
8. He supports me in the things I do.
9. He teaches the kids for me on his day off.
10. He can give great back rubs.
11. He likes the same movies I do and he lets me pick them out.
12. He's an example to my kids on how to be a fully devoted follower of Christ.
13. He loves his enemies.
14. He cleans up after sick kids.
15. He does the dishes for me...in my opinion...the worst household chore EVER!

Jeff,

One thing that I have become more aware of is that there are so many people out there where the word "commitment" doesn't mean much to them. People's own selfish desires become their focus and they don't look at those they are hurting around them. So my prayer for us, is that we always stay Christ centered on all that we do. Because we are committed to Christ we are committed to each other even through the good, the bad and the ugly. There is a security that comes in this kind of marriage for each of us and for our children. May we continue to strive, with Christ's help, to provide a peaceful, secure home for our family.

It's been great to walk with you down the road of the Father's plan for us. To be able to give up what's comfortable, to do "whatever it takes" to follow the call that's been placed on our lives. We've been blessed, and I pray that we can be an example to others so they may desire to become closer to the Father. Thank you for loving Christ first and loving me through these past 15 years. May things only get better! I love you!!!

Love,
Your Smokin' Hot Wife ;o)

6 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh my gosh, Julie, what a beautiful tribute to Jeff and your marriage!! I practically cried reading it! I remember thinking in college when ya'll first started dating that you seemed to just "fit" together.

Happy 15th!!! So blessed to know you both!

Jae Davis said...

Julie,

I L-O-V-E the montage (hehe), and I can't stop laughing at the picture of Jeff's "gun show." BTW, "Smokin' Hot Wife," did Taladega Nights give Jeff the idea for that wonderful term of endearment for you?

Jae Davis said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 15 years is inspiring!

JulieAnn said...

Jae,
Taladega Nights was the inspiration for the KIDS! They see it in a preview on one of their movies and one of them referred to me that way to Jeff. Jeff thought it was really funny so he uses that term quite often now. I realized after I wrote it that it is "Red Hot Smokin' Wife".

The "gun show" was for the kids' sake also. They were really getting a laugh out of him doing that.

Thanks for your help with the montage, I never would have figured it out on my own.

Jeff said...

Julie - I love you soooo much my Red Hot Smokin Wife! I am honored to be your husband & will be with you until death do us part! Happy 15th to you as well! And I 2nd your prayer - may Christ always be the center of our relationship! I love you!

Debby Peterson said...

Jeff and Julie...
THIS is wonderful! I sure miss you guys, seeing this made me think and reminisce about our time with you guys!
Sure do miss you all!<3
Love,
Larry and Debby