Thursday, August 27, 2009

Aug. 10 - Boreas Pass

On our first full day, the plans were to go on a small hike and be home by lunch. Jeff had stayed up late looking at a map of the different trails and passes in the area. The one he decided he wanted to see was Boreas Pass. I believe that pass was where a railroad track use to be. He also wanted to be able to drive by Camp Como because that is the camp that the kids in our church goes to.

We started off early because the kids were up at 5:20 in the morning! I got up and made them go back to their room for a while, but really that set us up for all getting up early. We were eaten and on the road by 8:00, which is early in my opinion especially on vacation. Two of the kids were out by 8:30.




When we got to the town, if you can call it that, of Como, I got a chuckle. You'd have to see it to understand, I tried to get pictures but a camera can never do things justice. Jeff wanted to drive up through the camp to check it out so it was a quick run through.

The HOA must not have a color scheme people have to abide by. This house was three different colors all on its own, pink, yellow, and blue.


This building with awning is the Como Mercantile AND the
United States Post Office.


Camp Como from Como.


On our way up to Boreas Pass, there was one mile of really narrow roads and it was pretty scary in my seat because I was right by the drop off. When we got there, we read a little bit about the histor of the railroad and what the building was still used for. Jeff wanted to take a hike to the summit, but I informed him it was too late in the day for it, so we decided to hike to the trees.



We were home by lunch, and we all took naps. When I woke up, I pulled out my homemade frozen lasagna and made a garden salad, straight from our own garden. (Although I do have to say that we mixed a little bit of iceberg lettuce with our own lettuce.) It was delicious!

To top off our dinner was the beautiful scene we saw displayed outside.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Your salad looks great! And that sunset-beautiful!

I love reading about your trips and the slide shows are so much fun!

Jeff said...

That was a GREAT day! I love you Family! I love you Jesus!