July 5th was a Sunday morning and that was the day that dad woke up very short of breath. Mom ended up taking him to the ER. We had already planned having that weekend off, because we were to be in Kansas, and since Jeff had someone to preach for him, he decided to visit a few churches in the area.
Jeff and Kevin went to Red Rocks church, which is where they were when I tried to call them. Preston was upset that his dad didn't wake him up to go with them, and he wanted to go to church! I had two kids who wanted to go and two kids who wanted to stay with me. Marty was so willing to take care of the kids until Jeff and Kevin got back. So I dropped off Preston and Tanner at church and got them into their classes and Tanner, Kaylie and I headed to the VA ER.
It didn't take too long to realize that two kids in a waiting room wasn't going to last very long. So Jeff said they could skip the 2nd church they were going to visit and come and pick the kids up. After he and Kevin picked the kids up from the hospital they headed to Flatirons church.
We now know that dad ended up getting admitted and was in the hospital until Friday evening with a blood clot to the lungs. At this VA hospital there are two Intensive care teams, a medicine and a surgical. The surgical team and ICU is who we dealt with after the heart surgery. They were AWESOME, with the exception of one nurse. The medical team, is who we dealt with prior to heart surgery and with the blood clot. They have much to be desired. If they could only come close to being as good as the SICU. We did have some positive things happen while dad was in the MICU and it was great to see familiar faces from the SICU that was in the MICU, but there was much more frustration with that visit.
The hospital is what that week was about for me. Although on Thursday the 10th, was when I got a call from Jeff that Tanner fell out of the tree and his arm may be broken. So it was leave the VA hospital to meet them at the Children's Hospital Urgent Care. Yep, it was broken at the elbow. We got in quick but it took forever to find out the "results" and that left mom stranded at the VA, so Kevin and Marty jumped in and helped. They went and got mom and from what I heard, they got an ear full on the way home. (Mom was at the end of her rope with the frustrations....I think she was ready to bust dad out! (o: )
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
Bless your hearts! I wish so bad that I was closer so that I could have helped you out during this time! It kills me! I hate that ya'll had to go through this!
Love getting caught up with you!
Love ya!
Post a Comment