After months of watching, watering, and weeding, we finally got our first fruits of our garden. It was exciting for the kids and for mom and me. (Mom didn't think she'd be here to try our home-grown tomato's out, but she was!) Each kid got to pick something they planted, or if what they planted was ready yet, they got to pick something else.
There wasn't an abundance of veggies but we all got to try a bite or two of each veggie.
Then mom and I enjoyed some delicious bacon and tomato sandwiches.
Now this isn't home-grown, but we also enjoyed some homemade ice cream with some homemade chocolate syrup. The day before, mom and I went and tried to hit a few garage sales before the home nurse was suppose to show up. The first couple we found nothing. The third garage sale I found a 6 quart ice cream maker/freezer. I asked if it worked, he said yes and even plugged it in. So mom and I go and buy all the ingredients for some ice cream. We get the thing going and then it would stop. Mom would shake it and it would go some more and it would stop. It finally just froze up. The thing cost $3, so we weren't out much there but we couldn't let our mix go to waste.
Mom and I then jumped in the van and headed out to see what we could find...
Ace Hardware - NO
Kohls - NO
Lowes - NO
Sears (by phone) - NO
JC Penny's - NO
Target - YES but only a 4 qt.
Kmart - NO
We finally got home and made some for that night but it was too late for the kids. So we made the rest of the mix the next day for the kids to enjoy.
My $3 not-so-much deal,
but it is cute.
Sharing their sister's unfinished ice cream.

No comments:
Post a Comment