Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Today Dad was admitted to the VA hospital in Wichita. He's been having trouble breathing ever since the blood clot. On July 27, the last dr. visit here in Denver, the surgeon said his left lung wasn't as open as it should be and dad needed to keep doing his breathing exercises and keep an eye on it.

Last week when they went to see his Primary Care Physician, she didn't like the sound of his left lung either. The blood clot was in the right lung. So she set up an appointment to get x-rays done but that would be another 3 weeks so she said that they could go to the ER in Wichita.

Today they went to Wichita because they had other tests to run and had the wound care people to see. So they stopped in at the ER and had x-rays taken. I'm a little fuzzy on what exactly happened, but they had left and was doing something else when they got a phone call that they needed to come back to the ER because they needed to drain the fluid. The dr. said it could be fluid, blood, or cancer, but she didn't think it was cancer because it wasn't there before (here in Denver.)

Dad got a CT scan and another set of x-rays. The CT scan showed that the left lung and between the lungs is filled with some kind of fluid, maybe blood, but there was no obstruction, which I'm guessing means cancer. They decided they weren't going to drain the fluid today so they admitted him to observe him through the night and then they'll drain the fluid tomorrow. Dad was NOT happy about this change of events, but who would be?

Us starting "school" was also delayed another day. The kids are excited to start. I am very tired and a little nauseous from this UTI/kidney infection so I wasn't up to it. But because of their excitement how could I NOT take advantage of this yearning to learn. So I did do a little math with Kaylie and then I get on the computer to show Preston how his Switched on Schoolhouse program has changed this year. It wouldn't let me on. I kept getting this error message and it said to call tech support and that is just what I did. After being on the phone for 2 1/2 HOURS they finally got it resolved and it was time for lunch. While on hold, I was able to do some "school" with Landon also. We also got out "new to us" Leap Frog learning books and they spent the whole morning reading and playing on them.

As it is said, "Tomorrow is another day!"

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Darn it! Daddy just can't shake it, can he?! Love his heart.

And it seems like it's one thing after another for you too, huh?!

Praying for both you AND daddy!

love you!