Jeanette did not want Justin's memorial service (she refused to say the word "funeral") to be sad and mournful, because that's not what Justin wanted.
It started out with fellowship with coffee and cookies served, minus Jeanette. Justin wanted Ho Ho's served at his service. He didn't get Ho Ho's but he got all kinds of Girl Scout cookies!
Holding up to the "Jeanette and Justin style", she was late because she was picking up people that Justin use to drive around on errands, so they could come to the service.
Jeanette did most of the sharing at the service of different life memories of Justin.
She said, "I'd much rather be in front talking, then sitting and everyone wondering, 'How's she doing? and 'What is she going to do now?'"
There were helium filled balloons...
Kazoo's were passed around and the service was ended with "When the Saints go marching in..." and kazoo's were being played.
It was a very pleasant service, and though we are going to miss Justin, we have the assurance because of God's infallible Word, that we WILL see him again and get to spend eternity with him.
The kids sent their balloons "to Uncle Justin".
All of Justin's life he has had limitations, physically.
Born with Spina Bifida, his parents were told he would not survive infancy,
and then later told he wouldn't survive beyond 12 years.
Obviously he did, but he's always been confined to crutches or a wheelchair.
His cousin Denny shared that Justin said,
"The first thing I'm going to do when I get to heaven is run!
I'm going to run around the Throne two times and then
I'll stop and say 'Hello' to God!"




No comments:
Post a Comment