I have had the biggest headache (not literally, but might as well have been) the past few days,
because of my computer.
Ended up having a virus...and ad-ware...and mal-ware...and something to do with spy's.
We think it's fixed.
If it is fixed it's only because of the help of Brad, from our church,
and my brother-in-law, Matt.
Didn't spend a penny!
I couldn't get on the Internet at all.
I survived because I had an old laptop I use for church "business" that I was able to get on and do important things...
like check email and facebook.
My 3XWatch partners are going to get some websites on the "accountability report".
There were some bad pop-ups...
No more clicking attachments...
No more clicking unknown websites...
(I think it started when I was looking for a demotivation poster or saying that I wanted to use on here.)
Don't want to chance going through this again.
Changed our antivirus software. Goodbye AVG. Hello Avast!
(The benefit to the new software is it also checks for ad-ware.)
Changed our browser. Goodbye Internet Explorer. Hello Firefox.
At least for now...we'll see how I like it.
Brad said that Firefox is 10 times safer then IE. Most viruses are written for IE.
Word of Advice:
Prevention is the key!
because of my computer.
Ended up having a virus...and ad-ware...and mal-ware...and something to do with spy's.
We think it's fixed.
If it is fixed it's only because of the help of Brad, from our church,
and my brother-in-law, Matt.
Didn't spend a penny!
I couldn't get on the Internet at all.
I survived because I had an old laptop I use for church "business" that I was able to get on and do important things...
like check email and facebook.
My 3XWatch partners are going to get some websites on the "accountability report".
There were some bad pop-ups...
No more clicking attachments...
No more clicking unknown websites...
(I think it started when I was looking for a demotivation poster or saying that I wanted to use on here.)
Don't want to chance going through this again.
Changed our antivirus software. Goodbye AVG. Hello Avast!
(The benefit to the new software is it also checks for ad-ware.)
Changed our browser. Goodbye Internet Explorer. Hello Firefox.
At least for now...we'll see how I like it.
Brad said that Firefox is 10 times safer then IE. Most viruses are written for IE.
Word of Advice:
Prevention is the key!
No comments:
Post a Comment