Happy 2010!
It's a new year...a new decade.
Bringing in the New Year... we had no big party plans, but we were having Kevin and Marty over. We decided to just do appetizers and snack all night rather then do one big meal.
Around 3:30, I started getting things prepared with the help of Tanner, who loves to cook. In our preparation, Tanner created the "Tower of Cheesa" aka "The Leaning Tower of Cheesa"- his words not mine!
We rented movies to keep the kids entertained all evening and Kevin and Marty came over around 7:00. We enjoyed some yummy food and then we played games. Marty and I skunked the guys in Aggravation a couple of times and then we played some Uno Attack. Our game ended 11:45, just enough time to pour our non-alcoholic "bubblies" and get ready to watch the ball drop.
We were a little taken aback by Dick Clark. (Click on the picture to see K & M faces.)
We counted down from 10.
We toasted and drank to the New Year.
We kissed and some were chased for more.
In the New Year...I woke up to a cute little girl beside me. She started my day with these heart warming words, "Mom, I love you and I like you." That is a great way to start a new year!
I do have to also add that just minutes later, that same sweet girl said, "Mom, you need to trim your legs." Ha Ha! I didn't realize the hair was long enough to be trimmed ;oD
We tried to go to our two favorite stores, Unique Thrift Store and Mardel, but both were closed. So we jumped from store to store so Jeff could return/exchange some Christmas gifts. After I went into Walmart for a return, and running through the Christmas clearance quickly, I came out to two boys with gum in their hair. How it happened I'm not sure, but daddy was in the van too.
The "punishment"... they had to get the gum out that they put in each others hair, with the consequence of, "if you can't get it out of your brothers hair, your head is going to be shaved." The thought of having their heads shaved was probably punishment enough, there was fear and tears.
The boys don't have to get their heads shaved, but Preston had to have help get the gum out of Landon's hair. He had tried peanut butter and olive oil, but it was Goo Gone that got it out. Poor Landon actually has a couple of tiny bald spots where the hair was pulled out. I'm praying that God causes that hair to grow in quick. They've learned their first valuable lesson for 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment