Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Resolution Fulfilled

A year ago today, was when I quit drinking soda pop! I have had an occasional Coca Cola slush, I justify that because there's no carbonation. If I need something other then water it is usually iced tea. I am pretty proud of myself for making it a whole year!

I believe this is the first resolution EVER that I made and kept! Wow, it only took 34 years!

Should I make another New Year's resolution???

I haven't yet, I'll have to think about that. I hate to break my record. :o)

____________________________________________________________

On another note...

Today, I made some great deals! One of my Xmas gifts was a gift card to Mardel's. Today was the last day of their 25% off of all bargain books. Majority of the books I bought were .75 cents. The most I paid for a book, which I bought 2 at this price, was $3.75... that hurt me a little to pay that much but they were to finish off a series. I walked out of there with 30 books for less then the price of four at retail price! These should get me by until the next sale. ;o)

I also hit up Hobby Lobby for their 80% off Christmas items. I love their wrapping paper. You get more and it's thicker then what you usually get at Walmart. I always look for paper that is generic looking that could be used for other occasions, so not only do I have my wrapping paper theme for next Christmas but I also have "birthday" paper and any other occasion that might arise.

After my great day of deals, and driving to southwest Denver metro area (which is a 45 minute drive in good traffic) and back, I was only a few miles from home... I was innocently sitting in a left turn lane ready to get home, when the guy in front of me put his reverse lights on and started backing up. You could tell he had his foot pretty heavy on the pedal but by the time I realized what was going on and laying on the horn it was too late...he hit me.

They didn't get out of the car, so I called 911. After sitting there for 10 minutes and calling Jeff to let him know what was going on. I realized that the lady who was sitting in the passenger seat wasn't there anymore and there was no guy in the driver seat but a female. The female finally got out and came back and said she was sorry and asked if I was OK.

"Yes, I am. I called the police and they're on their way." With much scepticism I then said, "Was it you who hit me? I'm sure I saw you in the passenger seat."

With a smile and an accent, "Yeah, yeah.", and back to the car she went.

The officer finally pulled up behind me and came up asking if I had "good insurance"? I informed him that they backed into me and that I believed that they switched drivers. The officer then went to them and asked for a licence and registration. I then heard him ask if she was driving and then I heard him say that I believed the guy, who was now in the back seat, was driving. It was obvious they were denying it and the officer's voice was getting louder and angrier, warning them not to lie. He also kept "threatening" to "go back and ask that lady and if she tells me he was driving I'm not going to be happy."

I then sent up a quick prayer to God asking for them to tell the truth, because I had no way to "prove" it. I didn't even see them change seats. I just know that I saw her looking at me right after I was hit and I saw his profile as he was backing. Right when I finished, the guys must have admitted to it.

There wasn't much the officer could do about the accident because it was on private party, not much damage and no injuries, so he was just going to have us exchange information, but because they were "playing games and lying" to him, that made him mad and he gave the guy a ticket for driving without a license.

Now I'm just exhausted and ready for bed. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Oh bless your heart! Great day ended on a sour note-that stinks!!

Way to go on not drinking any soda!! I used to not drink any and the older I get, the more I want one-crazy!!

Happy New Year sweet friend!