Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's a Deal!

As I've said before, "I LOVE bargains!" I'm not talking "sales", I can pass those. Clearances are my down fall, garage sales and thrifts stores can get me in trouble too. Within the past couple of years we were introduced to the best thrift store in the Denver area. We LOVE it! It's even better when you go on days where everything is 25% or 50% off.


It's changed our way of thinking. When I walk through Walmart, Target, JC Penny's or any other store and I see that their jeans are marked down to $10.00, that's still too expensive for me. Not when I know we can get "name brand" jeans much cheaper.


Now Jeff and I didn't grow up with "name brand" clothes so the names mean very little to us, and I really feel no need to make sure my kids get "name brand", but when they are there to get, we get. I also know that to some, the name on the clothes is important. To be honest with you, some of the brands I have never heard of, so I did a little research on the Internet to see what they normally would cost new. The main reason I'm sharing the brands now is to show how much of a deal we really made.


On Monday we walked away with each kid having at least 3 pairs of jeans, the boys got at least 1 pair of shoes, and Kaylie got some shirts and a gymnastics leotard.

Old Navy=

4 pairs of jeans
2 shirts


Gap=

1 pair of jeans
1 shirt


Osh Kosh=
1 pair of jeans
1 skirt
1 shirt


Wranglers=
1 pair of jeans


Levi Strauss=
1 pair of jeans


Store brands, ie Gymboree, Carter's, Arizonia, Place, Girls Connection etc.=
3 pairs of jeans
4 shirts


PLUS
1 leotard for gymnastics
1 pair of snow boots
1 pair of Heely's
3 pairs of "skate" shoes
(The shoes I was really "lost" on what kind they were and the brands. Through Google, I found out that they were "skate" shoes, and that 3 out of the 4 would normally cost $40-$50, the other set is normally $20-$25)


TOTAL=
13 pairs of jeans
1 skirt
8 shirts
1 leotard
5 pairs of shoes

TOTAL COST=
$87.28
If I take out my most expensive items, 3 pairs of shoes @ $7.50+tx.
That averages the rest of the items to $2.52 a piece.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, please! Tell me where this place is!

Jeanie said...

BRAVO! Well done. The challenge of the hunt! Raised my kids on it and I tell you, they are all so good at it, still!